Murrumbidgee Turf Club at Wagga Wagga is currently seeking applications for the position of Chief Executive Officer.
The Club is one of the leading country NSW race clubs conducting 25 thoroughbred race meetings each year, as well as hosting a variety of functions and events at the racecourse including weddings/receptions, corporate events, music concerts, Christmas parties and social events.
The feature event of the year is the popular Wagga Wagga Gold Cup Carnival in May that regularly attracts crowds in excess of 10,000 people. Well-established as the biggest event in the city, the carnival is one of the most successful in country Australia where the total prizemoney exceeds $1 million during the carnival period.
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced, energetic executive to truly balance a rewarding career with an enviable lifestyle.
The successful applicant will continue the strong progress of the club and manage all aspects of the business operations, as well as be able to work effectively with the Board of Directors of the Club.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Knowledge of and involvement in Australian Racing (in particular Racing in NSW) and the ability to work with the racing industry governing bodies
- Exceptional organisation, communication (written and verbal), and public relation skills (media)
- Ability to motivate staff and provide leadership within a team and manage staff at all levels
- Ability to forge effective working relationships at all levels including industry participants, Club sponsors and Club members
- Capacity to oversee budget preparation, financial analysis, project management, strategic planning, marketing, compliance/governance, and event management
- Thorough understanding of work, health and safety legislation and ability to manage risks
- Responsible Service of Alcohol qualifications and licensee training (essential for NSW Liquor Licence)
The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to make their mark in a successful and popular community-focused organisation that operates in one of Australia’s biggest industries. An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Applications should be marked “Strictly Confidential” and forwarded to:
Murrumbidgee Turf Club
P.O. Box 34,
Wagga Wagga NSW 2650
or via email – [email protected]
Any enquiries should be directed to Geoff Harrison (MTC President) on 0418 692 903.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 2nd August 2021.