Please note the following updates on New South Wales racecourses with race meetings scheduled :
ROSEHILL GARDENS (Saturday): Having received 34mm of rain overnight and continuing rain today, the Rosehill track has been downgraded this afternoon to a Heavy (9). Lindsay Murphy has stated that the track is currently safe, however, Stewards will inspect the track if required at 6am tomorrow.
KEMBLA GRANGE (Saturday): The Kembla Grange racing surface is currently rated a Heavy (10) having received 47mm of rain overnight and continuing rain today. Stewards inspected the track at 1pm today and surface water is present in some areas. A further track inspection will be undertaken at 6am tomorrow.
DUBBO (Saturday): With significant rain falling overnight and today, the Dubbo racing surface is currently rated a Heavy (10). With rain continuing to fall, Racing NSW Stewards will conduct a further inspection of the racing surface at 5pm today, however, with surface water present on a significant area around the home turn, the meeting is in doubt. A final track inspection will be made at 6am tomorrow.
YASS (Saturday – POSTPONED): Following a track inspection by Racing NSW Stewards and Club Officials on Thursday evening and by Club Officials this morning after a further 10mm of rainfall was received overnight, the decision has been taken to POSTPONE the Yass picnic race meeting scheduled for Saturday (2 March 2013). The track was found to be unsafe for racing due to a lack of adequate grass cover on a section rounding the home turn which, with the significant falls of rain in the days prior, has resulted in this section becoming very slippery. Furthermore, with cool conditions and the forecast of a shower or two today, it was deemed that there is no prospect of the track adequately improving in time for racing on Saturday.
TUNCURRY FORSTER (Saturday – POSTPONED): Racing NSW Stewards conducted an inspection of the racing surface at 2pm today and deemed it unsafe to race, with the meeting now POSTPONED. The club has made application to run a phantom meeting.
ARMIDALE (Sunday): The Armidale racing surface is currently rated a Heavy (8). With further rain forecast, Racing NSW Stewards will conduct an inspection of the racing surface at 4pm on Saturday.
COONAMBLE (Monday): With over 40mm of rain falling overnight and with further rain forecast, Racing NSW Stewards will conduct an inspection of the racing surface on Sunday.
Source : Racing NSW