Port Macquarie Race Club is seeking the services of a hands-on Chief Executive Officer to maintain and develop all aspects of the Club’s racing, training and function operations.
PMRC, a progressive regional club located on the Mid North Coast of NSW, currently conducts 21 TAB race meetings annually, as well as hosting two meetings for the neighbouring Wauchope Jockey Club.
It provides training facilities for up to 20 local trainers, who supply around 1000 race starters per annum. The Club has excellent function facilities, hosting numerous private gatherings, Club meetings and trade shows throughout the year.
The CEO reports to the Board and will be responsible for the administration of the Club’s activities – financial control, analysis and reporting; business planning & development; project management; community and stakeholder engagement; risk management; event and hospitality management; sponsorship, promotion and marketing.
Candidates applying for this position should possess the following qualities;
- Strong racing industry knowledge / experience.
- Well-developed organisational and project management skills.
- Business/accounting qualifications, preferably experienced with MYOB Accounting.
- Experience in budget preparation, financial analysis, project management, strategic planning, marketing and compliance.
- Strong understanding of hospitality and event management (both raceday and non-raceday).
- Knowledge of RSA and liquor licensing compliance issues, with the ability to be appointed as PMRC Liquor Licensee.
- Good public relations skills and ability to communicate with the media, sponsors, owners & trainers, members, patrons, staff, etc.
- Capacity to engage with a wide range of stakeholders including the industry regulatory body Racing NSW.
- Thorough understanding of Occupational Health & Safety requirements.
Should you wish to apply, please forward a current résumé and cover letter to – [email protected] Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.