Racing NSW is the peak body for thoroughbred horse racing throughout NSW. Its responsibilities include commercial, regulatory and integrity leadership of the industry.
Applications are now invited for the position of Senior Stipendiary Steward.
The position is responsible for overseeing the reputation and integrity of thoroughbred racing in NSW.
Reporting directly to the General Manager-Integrity/Chairman of Stewards, this senior role assists the General Manager-Integrity/Chairman of Stewards to enforce and administer the Rules of Racing.
The role is also responsible for delivering training and mentoring to junior staff members of the integrity department.
Based at our offices located in the Sydney CBD the successful applicant will have:
• Demonstrated significant experience in the chairing of race meetings and related inquiries;
• Proven knowledge of the Australian Rules of Racing and NSW Local Rules of Racing;
• Thorough experience in the area of Stipendiary Stewards’ responsibilities;
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with licensed persons, club administration and the media at any level;
• Proven ability to manage and provide leadership of staff;
• Capacity to work well under pressure to meet team and department objectives;
• Demonstrated understanding of relevant legislation and legal procedures;
• Proven ability to prosecute matters before Appeal bodies;
• Demonstrated knowledge of Word, Excel and computer skills;
• A current NSW Driver’s Licence.
Due to the inherent nature of the position, you will be required to work on a five out of seven day roster basis. The successful applicant will be required to submit an acceptable police probity report.
Enquiries should be directed to:
Marc Van Gestel
General Manager-Integrity/Chairman of Stewards
Tel. (02) 9551 7546
Applications close Friday, 10 June 2022
Please email to [email protected]