- A better deal for trainers with Improved insurance policies;
– Saved trainers up to $1500 on small claims.
– Professional indemnity benefit doubled (advice you’re giving as a trainer) increased from $250,000 to $500,000.
– Public liability Total 2010/11 cost to NSW trainers reduced.
– Costs kept down with the Personal Accident premium Basically unchanged for trainers.
- Successfully pressured Racing NSW to allocate more than 2/3rds of Race fields accumulated funds ($100million) towards improving TRAINING tracks facilities from July 2012, rather than committee rooms and grand stands.
- Established a brand new Trainers and staff welfare fund to commence July 1, 2012. Jockeys have had one for a while but finally we will now have one for those in need.
- Successfully fought for a common sense approach to Drug and Alcohol policies after dealing with the Australian Racing Board.
- Debt collection help. NSWTA can chase bad debts by providing a legal claim letter. We are actively pursing the NSW Government to create an efficient, low cost tribunal with legal powers to enable racing NSW to ban owners who don’t pay their bills from be able to keep racing.
- 7 Days a week rolling track and rail updates. As a result of concerns raised by you via the NSW Trainers Association, Racing NSW have agreed to implement a new 7 day per week rolling update of track and rail conditions.
- A new legally prepared Trainer/Agent sales agreement form designed to provide greater protection for trainers when buying/selling a horse or acting as an agent.
- Cutting Red Tape – Trainers already have enough forms to fill out so getting the administration of the new strappers payment fee reduced from 26 weeks a year to only 4 was a small but important win for Trainers.
- A more Professional NSW Trainers Association with a restructure. Includes Independent Directors and trainers from the Country, Provincial and Metropolitan sectors.
- A new Pro Ride Synthetic Training track being built at Warwick Farm and Newcastle with NSWTA working on other tracks too.
- Forcing the new board of Racing NSW to have another look at benchmarking and ratings in the Country.
- Improvements to Provincial racing gaining support for a hybrid system of class racing and benchmark races with more BM70/75 races to be programmed.
- Won fairer weight claims for 3 year olds racing against older horses.
- Better barrier attendants! Whilst they still need more pay and we need teams of professionally trained barrier attendants, Racing NSW has now committed to start professional training of barrier attendants across NSW.
- Successfully fought for better prize money however we will continue to fight for a better deal and fairer allocations across NSW for Trainers.
- Won compensation for Randwick and Newcastle trainers affected by the closure of their track.
- Helped established a new, more communicative policy working with race clubs (particularly the ATC) and Racing NSW when races are washed out.
- Developed an excellent working relationship with Racing NSW and race clubs where we aim to solve issues before they become problems. It doesn’t always workout that way but we’re being listened to now.
- Development work on an exciting new trainers website that will help trainers earn additional income, raise your profile, create your own personalised website and much much more.
- www.homeofracing.com.au coming soon!
- Daily representations on behalf of over 1000 trainers by the NSWTA to Racing NSW, race clubs, local councils and other associated bodies in relation to many diverse racing and finance matters.
- Daily assistance provided to trainers in relation to industrial relations, pay rates, insurance queries, racing rules and administration.